Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And So It Begins... Again

Well, here we are at the beginning of another school year. What a morning! It began with a mad dash for my coffee mug and spiraled out of control from there - with my emotions that is.

Jamie was quick to get out of bed. She loves school. I can't quite figure that out since I always hated school and was in tears about the 1st day back up until about 9th grade. Then I just kept the tears on the inside because I thought it might be a little ridiculous coming into school crying. No. Really. I'm a big baby. Christian on the other hand was well, not quite as excited. Mainly, because his teacher is Mrs. Mommy. That's right. I decided to keep the boy home and school him from here. Just this first year and then next year we'll enroll him.

It shouldn't be this difficult really. Jamie went to school last year too. I think a number of things contributed to my sorry emotional state. For one, I'll miss sending her to St. Paul. They love her there and I love that. Everyone knows everyone else and it truly feels like one big loving family. I'm big on that sort of thing. Leaving my kiddo where I know she'll be well taken care of and they appreciate her for who she is. Now, I don't know if she'll just blend into the crowd. Is she just another 2nd grader to this faculty? *Sigh* I suppose she'll make it. She's a great kid and if they miss out on knowing that - oh well. I know who she is and I love her to death.

Time passes and seems to speed up the more I age. I am the mother of a 7 year-old, 5 year-old and a 4 month-old. Scary. Needless to say, there were tears. Then appreciation. Appreciation for all of the hard work and support I have gotten from both my own parents and from my in-laws. So, in my emotional state, like a drunkard, I called my mother-in-law first. And through tears, I left on her VM (because she never answers her dang phone!) a sappy message about how much I value her and her husband. Then, as if I wasn't a mess already, I called my parents. I got their answering machine too (what is the dealio folks?! Doesn't anyone know that it's the 1st day of school?! Geesh!) so I proceeded to stalk them and hunt them down on their cell phone. They were out for their walk, but not to be deterred, I, through even more excessive tears, told them what an awesome support system they are. And it's the truth. I am such a fortunate gal to have such wonderfully amazing people in my life.

So, that was MY first day of school. The kids couldn't have cared less :)




No comments: