Sunday, September 26, 2010

Getting Older.

I decided to have a little fun today and do a mock David Letterman Top 10 List. As if you had no clue that you're rapidly approaching 30 and you're a mother (mainly of multiple children), then here are some indications that you might be in my boat (in the middle of a storm and clinging for dear life...).

10) You find yourself using terms such as "good gravy" and "fiddlesticks".

9) The young kid hitting on you lights up like a Christmas tree when you reveal your age (in an attempt to scare him off) because he thinks he's scored himself a cougar.

8) You drive a minivan.

7) You drive a minivan and you like it.

6) You have a membership to a discount warehouse. Sam's Club, Costco, etc.

5) New undergarments are a privilege. And one with a pattern? Oh my! Dare we even dream?!

4) You tear up when you receive new towels as a Christmas gift. Not because you're disappointed but because you're overjoyed.

3) When you drop your kids off at school, the guy helping them in thinks you're someone entirely different when you come to pick them up - just because by then you've had a shower. Sadly, I think this is actually the case for me...

2) Your biggest thrill for the week comes when you check out at the grocery store and see your total savings with coupons.

And the #1 way you can tell that you're rapidly approaching 30 with children is...



1) Your kids radio station plays a "retro lunch" and the songs are from when you were in high school.



Hope you enjoy :)

Keep smiling!

~ Libby

1 comment:

Sealed Expressions said...

Oh my Libby, you nailed it! I was laughing out loud with this one!!! Sadly, coupon clipping would be my #1 and I am still in denial with the retro lunch!