Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Jameson!






Today was Jamie's 5th birthday. Where did those last 5 years go? We had a blast together. We let her pick out whatever she wanted to do for the day. But first we surprised her with a trip to Krispy Kreme for breakfast. Then she said that she wanted to go to the park, so we went to the nice park in Flushing and then sauntered down to the irish store (I would like to pretend it was for Jamie's benefit, but I'll have to be honest and say that it was more for me). Once we got home, she decided that we all needed to take a dip in the pool. No objections here! The water was perfect! Bible School is tonight, so we had dinner early and heading out in a bit. I really enjoyed today. I had decided before I even got into bed last night that I was not going to lift a finger or be distracted by anything on this Jamie day. I wasn't either. I think I should do that more often because it kept my focus on my kids and having fun with them. My cup truly runneth over.

2 comments:

Teresa Glady said...

Happy Birthday to the Irish Krispy Kreme Princess!!!

jeannie-mama said...

What a splendid birthday! I love the kids' reflection in the glass, their body language is so expressive of complete childhood delight and excitement. Oh, to be able to live totally in the moment again. Children savor their days, don't they?
My favorite has to be the Birthday Princess with her donut and the impish grin of the brother who gets to share in the spoils of the day :)
Great capturing of the day... great attitude about the day. There are always chores to do, but your kids grow up way too fast and leave you too soon. Good mothering, Libby!